- Full Member of the British Association of Art Therapists, London.
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council, London.
- Registered with the British Association for Performing Arts Medicine.
- Creative Wales Ambassadors Award Winner, Arts Council of Wales.
- Major Creative Wales Award Winner, Arts Council of Wales.
- Enhanced DBS.
I am registered and licensed by the Health and Care Professions Council to legally practice under the title Art Psychotherapist. I am a registered member of the British Association of Art Therapists and adhere to their guidelines and ethics. I also have an enhanced DBS check and specialist professional liability insurance.
Prior to my training I was a contemporary artist and curator with over 20 years of experience of national and international exhibitions. I have both a BA (Hons) and Master’s Degree in Fine Art and a Master’s Degree in Art Psychotherapy (2016).
I have completed a CPCAB Endorsed Sandtray Therapy Foundation Course (2021), Solution Focused CBT course at the Anna Freud Centre (2019), Dyadic Parent – Child Art Psychotherapy Training Level 1 by BAAT (2018).
Before setting up my thriving private practice I was employed as a therapist by the charity New Pathways to work with children, young people and adults who have experienced sexual violence. I currently work sessionally with Chepstow Counselling Services, Compass Community fostering services and ACT Training and am employed as a Primary School Therapist with Torfaen Council through the Cwmbran Centre for Young People. In the past I trained as a Listening Volunteer with the Samaritans and had a placement with Bethel Community Church in Newport working with refugees.
I am one of the therapists registered with the MA Art Psychotherapy course offering sessions to students throughout their three-year tenure.
- Solution Focused CBT.
Two-day training course by Dr. Biba Rebolj / Ribalon Institute.
- Trauma Focussed CBT for Children & Young People with PTSD.
Two-day training course with David Trickey at the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- Dyadic Parent-Child Art Psychotherapy Training Level 1 by BAAT.
- Childhood Sexual Exploitation & Sexual Exploitation Risk Assessment Framework training by New Pathways.
- ASIST training (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) by New Pathways.
- 10-week training programme with New Pathways in rape and sexual abuse counselling.
- University of South Wales, Caerleon. Art Psychotherapy, Masters Degree (Merit)
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff. Fine Art, Masters Degree.
- Southampton Institute of Art and Technology. Fine Art, BA (Hons), First Class.
If you would like to know more about my training and any additional voluntary work, please get in touch and I will be happy to share this.